The Sprouted Blog
Ahh, summer. Warm weather, less layers, and outdoor barbecues with friends and family. It’s gone in the blink of an eye, so I try to savour every moment of it. I’ve been looking for a good vegan, gluten free burger recipe to try, and I ended up combining a few recipes I found to make these. The sprouted quinoa adds a nice texture to the burgers, and a bunch of protein. I love the sweet potato in this, and the mushrooms are fantastic in this as well. The recipe is pretty simple, but does not lack in flavour. In the future, I want to try adding some corn and peas to the mix, and maybe some diced carrots. Feel free to experiment! I think adding a bit of oats or oat flour would also be nice, for consistency but I haven’t tried it yet! These burgers will be a summer favourite- they’re easy to make, and very filling! Also a great addition to the barbecue, although I personally baked mine. Hope you enjoy this one!
You will need:
- 4oz. B2TG Organic Sprouted Quinoa
- 8 oz. water
- 1/2c. diced mushrooms
- 1/2.c. diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp. each, paprika, oregano, thyme, sea salt, black pepper
- 1 med. Sweet potato
- 1T. B2TG Organic Sprouted chia seed powder
Preheat oven to 350C.
- Bring 2c. water to a boil. Add quinoa and cook until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and keep lid on.
- Cut sweet potato into 1-inch cubes. Boil in water or steam for about 10 minutes. Then drain water and mash.
- Make a chia egg by mixing 1T. B2TG Sprouted Chia Seed Powder with 3T. warm water. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Sautee the mushrooms and onions with garlic and 1T. olive oil. Add spices and herbs.
- Add quinoa and sweet potato to the frying pan and mix.
- Mix chia egg with quinoa mixture. Then form into patties.
- Bake in oven for 20-25minutes, or until lightly crispy. Serve like this, or freeze and fry or barbecue the patties when needed.