The Sprouted Blog
Sprouted Quinoa and Sweet Potato Burgers
Ahh, summer. Warm weather, less layers, and outdoor barbecues with friends and family. It’s gone in the blink of an eye, so I try to savour every moment of it. I’ve been looking for a good vegan, gluten free burger recipe to try, and I ended up combining a few recipes I found to make these. The sprouted quinoa adds a nice texture to the burgers, and a bunch of protein. I love the sweet potato in this, and the mushrooms are fantastic in this as well. The recipe is pretty simple, but does not lack in flavour. In the future, I want to try adding some corn and peas to the mix, and maybe some diced carrots. Feel free to experiment! I think adding a bit of oats or oat flour would also be nice, for consistency but I haven’t tried it yet! These burgers will be a summer favourite- they’re easy to make, and very filling! Also a great addition to the barbecue, although I personally baked mine. Hope you enjoy this one!
You will need:
- 4oz. B2TG Organic Sprouted Quinoa
- 8 oz. water
- 1/2c. diced mushrooms
- 1/2.c. diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp. each, paprika, oregano, thyme, sea salt, black pepper
- 1 med. Sweet potato
- 1T. B2TG Organic Sprouted chia seed powder
Preheat oven to 350C.
- Bring 2c. water to a boil. Add quinoa and cook until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and keep lid on.
- Cut sweet potato into 1-inch cubes. Boil in water or steam for about 10 minutes. Then drain water and mash.
- Make a chia egg by mixing 1T. B2TG Sprouted Chia Seed Powder with 3T. warm water. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Sautee the mushrooms and onions with garlic and 1T. olive oil. Add spices and herbs.
- Add quinoa and sweet potato to the frying pan and mix.
- Mix chia egg with quinoa mixture. Then form into patties.
- Bake in oven for 20-25minutes, or until lightly crispy. Serve like this, or freeze and fry or barbecue the patties when needed.