7 Reasons Why You Should Use Sprouted Flaxseed from Back 2 the Garden Every Day!
1. Increased lignans, which help balance hormones for tissue and breast health
Lignans’ have an ability to block the effects of estrogen in the body. This could potentially help reduce the risk of hormone-associated cancers such as breast, uterine, ovarian, and prostate.
2. High levels of fibre, helping you feel full and energized through the day
Fibre in your diet helps you feel fuller longer, helps control blood sugar levels, and benefits gut and digestive health. This in turn helps reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes and can help in achieving a health body weight.
3. High levels of Omega 3 fatty acids, making it a healthy brain food
Omega 3 fatty acids can help reduce inflammation in the body and nourish your joints and your brain. Research has shown it can aid in preventing dementia.
4. Stabilized blood pressure
Studies have shown that flaxseed can help reduce blood pressure!
5. Reduced inflammation and cholesterol
Flax seeds are a good source of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) which can be converted by the body and used to help reduce inflammation. Studies have also shown that flax seed powder has a cholesterol lowering effect when consumed regularly.
6. Relief from ADD or ADHD symptoms due to better focus
Higher blood levels of omega 3 fatty acids have been shown to help improve concentration and regulate behaviour in people suffering from ADD or ADHD.
Add Sprouted Flaxseed to side dishes, sauces, smoothies... stews, stuffing... you get the idea!